Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Heya!

We just finally started filling the pool tonight! We took a couple weeks getting the ground/floor ready to have the pool on it (with this weekend off for fam visiting hehe). Thankfully to this forum & all the helpful info we are hopefully off to a good start.

It started with hubby making a frame out of railroad ties (24’x24’ frame for a 18’ round pool). He filled it with sand but did not mow :O! By the time I saw it did not have the heart to have him remove the sand & start over. He got everything leveled with a board & level taped to it & I bought a laser level that he used to make sure all level. He wetted the sand & tapped down & let it dry before we put the 1” rigid foam boards down taped together for the entire framed in area.

We opened the pool box Sunday to get ready to put the pool together & we are missing the manual/instruction booklet & ground cloth. Looks like the box broke open & the parts fell out & did not get put back in when they taped box back together. They credited us for the missing ground cloth for what we would have locally to replace it & I got the manual/instructions online. I decided with the ground cloth fiasco to instead go with anti-fatigue foam mats on top of the rigid fiber board over the entire framed in area & skip a tarp all together. I wanted to make sure nothing can grow up & to be able to place the ladder (bought Confer 7200) & all the feet on the mats instead of needing pavers to keep them from going through the rigid foam boards or having to cut out to level the pavers. Hubby has been working hard in the heat & loved my idea. So the missing ground cloth provided an opportunity to think of something better & hopefully works lol.

Almost there! Lol

Can I test my tap water or wait to test the pool water once we have more water in it? Using 2 hoses to fill it (omg forgot the attach the meters ugh…next fill) & will turn off when we sleep.

Thank you

Fc=0 & Cc=0 (tested forever trying to turn it red until I realized no chlorine in our tap water…lol@me)
Ph= 7.2
Ta= 290
Ch= 150
Cya=0 (tap water & advice)

Thanks!

Most tap water (from a municipal water system) do have FC. They are allowed up to 4 ppm FC. Or some add CC.

The TA level will push your pH higher. So as you add water due to evaporation, you will need to add acid. Monitor pH every few days and TA at least weekly.

CH should not be an issue for you. Test it monthly and record.

I did not realize I would need to backwash the new sand filter so did not acquire a backwash hose yet. Do I need to do a backwash with a new sand filter? I would rather not spray water out around the pump & SWG plus muddy ground around if not really needed because I did not have a hose to get it to go somewhere else. But will do it if not doing it cause water to be dirty/cloudy or something.

Fresh water won't need immediate backwash and you can live a bit without backwash hose as long as the water remains properly balanced for the short haul but go get the hose as sooner or later it's needed.

Thank you for the reply. I went ahead and backwashed without the hose because I figured the new sand may be dusty & the SWG manual said to do it. Was a muddy mess lol but hose will be here today.

Thank you for looking out for me. I did let the salt dissolve for 24 hatless before I turned in SWG & I did use liquid chlorine for FC before I could turn SWG on. Only because of the info you all provided <3. Soooooo far…my newbie self seems to be doing alright even though learning & may have missed some vital info somewhere hehe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.