Filling a resurfaced fibreglass pool

Thanks! I have a brand new sand filter, brand new chlorinator cell and Ive been cleaning daily. Running my SWCG 8hrs a day on the 2nd highest setting. Its been very hot here lately and will be for sometime! Think i will add some stabilizer to bring it up to 80ppm and continue to test FC daily to learn my pool better!

Reactions: setsailsoon
Sounds good. See what happens at 70, and if you feel you're losing more FC than you should be, try 80. Either is fine. Another one of those things you'll learn about your pool.

It's OK to experiment with your FC/CYA levels, as long as you're not way out of range. Remember, TFP numbers are guidelines, and can and should be tweaked if conditions demand it. For example, if you have your CYA at 70 and consistently maintain FC at 5, but once in a while see a little tinge of green on one of your walls, then you should goose your FC a bit. Maybe in your pool one or more of the variables I listed is consuming extra chlorine. So you adapt. Others might want to see how low they can run their FC, perhaps because of a skin sensitivity. So they might run their FC closer to the minimum, but test more often so that they don't drop below it. I don't like taking chances with algae and I have a lot of kids in the pool, so I run my FC a bit higher than recommended. The correct FC level is what's correct for you and your pool, and that may or may not be exactly what TFP recommends.

Thanks mate. Ive got two kids who love swimming, im gonna be similar to you and keep my FC a bit higher and still test daily for a while and monitor closely. Love this website/forum.

Reactions: Dirk
Update...stabilizer added 16hrs ago....retested tonight

FC - 11
CYA - 70
PH - 7.6

So now I guess I need to drop my FC pretty quickly? Turn chlorinator down or off for a day or two?

Cheers!

I would not turn off the SWCG. You are in summer. Your FC usage per day is ~3ppm. So just let it ride a couple days and see if the FC goes up or down. Adjust the SWCG accordingly by a small amount get the FC to stabilize in the 5-7 ppm range.

Reactions: AussieSwimmer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we have just had a lot of rain, which is unusual for Perth in feb, so I did a test (mainly to monitor salt)

FC - 11
CC - 0
CYA - 70
PH - 7.8
TA - 150
CH - 175
SALT - 5000

Looking for some feedback on my TA and CH? Would need to add a lot of acid to reduce TA/pH...is it necessary?
Cheers!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.