Fill water: Automatic Pool Water Leveler vs Smart hose faucet

NewB77777

Dec 1, 2019
Los Angeles
Hi,
I have a pool which have water fill line.
However, sometime I and my parents forgot to turn off water valve after turning on water to add water, and it make all backyard full of water.
So for the reason, I'm thinking to install automatic pool water leveler or smart hose faucet.

I don't like the look of pool water leveler, and because we have already water fill line, I think it might be better to install smart hose faucet.
Only disadvantage that I can think by installing smart hose faucet is it can't be automatic because it can't check water level.

I wonder which methods you guys use to fill water.
Please share the methods and equipments you use.
Thank you.

An auto fill here in the desert is a necessity. Now, your Location shows Los Angeles. That indicated a very wide area of significantly different micro climates. If you are near the coast, you can go days, even weeks, without adding water. If in the Inland Empire, you need an autofill or some method to add water every couple days.
Do you have an automation system tied to your pool equipment?

Reactions: NewB77777
So you manually move valves when you use your spa?
Again, where in ‘Los Angeles’ are you located.

Then a timer activated fill line would most likely be best for you. Not sure what a Smart Faucet is but if you can set a schedule and a limiting timer that should work. In general your rate of evaporation will be pretty consistent with minor changes for full on summer and then full on winter.

if you are looking for a more "Smart" automated approach take a look at this. I have used it now for a few months without issue. I set the schedule through the mobile app to run a few times a week for 30 mins without issue. Also works with Alexa.

Okay I will go with the timer. Thank you for you your answer!
I also use a timer. I plumbed it into the manual pvc fill line. in the winter, I replace the timer with a piece of pvc with the proper threaded ends as the timer says not to leave out in the freezing weather. The water evaporation is so much less in the winter its manageable once or twice a week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.