Fiberstars Jazz Pool 2 Light Sync Install

sagosto

May 28, 2019
Mahwah, NJ
Previously, the lights were controlled by a single switch. I've never played around with turning the switch on/off to change the colors. I am using the IntelliConnect Relay to power them the same way but not sure how they should be wired. Each of the lights ground, neutral, and hot (black 120V/20A) should be connected but how is the hot (red - colorwheel) connected? The manual referencing the need for "two switches" but only 1 was used previously.

EDIT: I spoke with an employee at SR Smith and said it is supposed to be run on 2 switches for power and for color wheel control. Since I have 1 switch, it must have been hot wired (BLACK (HOT) and RED (COLOR WHEEL) tied together). That sounds right -- Does anyone think differently?

Page 5 - Manual: https://images.inyopools.com/cloud/documents/fiberstars-jazz-pool.pdf
Control Options for the J400AS.
NOTE: Metal Halide is not dimmable!
A. Switch Controlled.
1. The J400AS Jazz color light must be controlled with two switches. See Figure 2. 2.
When using multiple J400AS lights together (synchronized), all Black Wires (Light) must be run to a common switch and all Red Wires (Colorwheel) must be run to a common switch. For operation instructions, see below.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.