Glossner2001

Jan 3, 2020
COLUMBIA, SC
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm hoping someone can help me problem solve a bonding issue I have. My water is shocking us as we enter/exit the pool to/from wet concrete or if we touch handrail. I have attached a 8 gauge copper wire to where the bonding metal makes contact with the water and inserted the other end into the pool and the shock goes away on that side of the pool. Still feel shock as I move away from copper wire around the pool. I know others have had this issue, but has anyone solved it?

I have had the power company out and they said there is 5 volts in the ground, but the bonding should make that a non-issue. Any help?

Probably wont help with your issue, but That bonding fitting is supposed to be installed at least 3" below the water line.

Was the rebar collar around the fiberglass pool and the rebar in the concrete deck connected to the bonding wire system? The pool should have had four points of contact around it and the deck should have been tied into that bonding. Do you know the construction history of this pool?

Was the rebar collar around the fiberglass pool and the rebar in the concrete deck connected to the bonding wire system? The pool should have had four points of contact around it and the deck should have been tied into that bonding. Do you know the construction history of this pool?
The pool is only about 4 years old and all I know is that it passed inspection. I didn't see them lay the bond wire. I would hope it wouldn't have passed if they hadn't done all that you mentioned. Is it possible that the concrete deck/railing are bonded, but the water is not?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.