Fiberglass IG Pool Quote Review - Am I Crazy?

I will add that the number 1 item most forget to add is a water feature of some sort. It’s amazing how a simple water fall can add ambience as well as allow your ear to refocus on that sound rather than screaming neighbors.
I agree with this. We've been told that deck jets should be removed from our plan because the "Cool" factor runs out quickly. I have talked with the PB and they say we can put a 4' waterfall in for $2000 which I think we will do just for the reasons you described. Thanks for posting!

Yes... please see my post Underway on large pool project... w/ pics

I had the thing designed ( i did the work myself)(the design work on the PC that is) down to the gnats arse... Reason being I kNOW i would forget something if I didnt... Unfortunately you will forget stuff anyway. You should probably design and map out the entire project now. At least know whats going to be phase 2, 3, 4, etc with plans laid out. For instance, I have outlets going in under the bar, out in the yard in 2 different spots for landscape lighting. I have a water box pop up to use for hoses out in the yard. There are probably 75 things I added or put in based on posts on here and others reviews of items etc.
However they will likely be harder to do if not planned for initially. Perhaps things like power runs etc are easier done now (since the pool requires power) than 3 years down the line... All I ask is that you think things through with the 5 year goal in mind... It may change your mind about what happens now vs then...
Ill avail myself for any questions or help/advice I can offer being in a northern state or someone who is knee deep in the project as we speak...
good luck

Yes... please see my post Underway on large pool project... w/ pics

I had the thing designed ( i did the work myself)(the design work on the PC that is) down to the gnats arse... Reason being I kNOW i would forget something if I didnt... Unfortunately you will forget stuff anyway. You should probably design and map out the entire project now. At least know whats going to be phase 2, 3, 4, etc with plans laid out. For instance, I have outlets going in under the bar, out in the yard in 2 different spots for landscape lighting. I have a water box pop up to use for hoses out in the yard. There are probably 75 things I added or put in based on posts on here and others reviews of items etc.
However they will likely be harder to do if not planned for initially. Perhaps things like power runs etc are easier done now (since the pool requires power) than 3 years down the line... All I ask is that you think things through with the 5 year goal in mind... It may change your mind about what happens now vs then...
Ill avail myself for any questions or help/advice I can offer being in a northern state or someone who is knee deep in the project as we speak...
good luck
Very good advice, I'm looking at your google images now. Did you do your own layout design or did you pay someone to do that for you? I'm pretty tech savvy and was thinking about getting PoolStudio subscription to build my own layout. I'm sure i'll have some questions, standby!

I did my own layout... I use Landscape Design Software Overview
I already owned it... Not saying its the best out there, but its what I had so it worked for me. Im also in Tech... (Sales), so it came fairly naturally to me as well.

Great thanks, I'll check it out. Curious why you went with a Thursday pool? My PB does Thursday pools but recommended we did a Leisure FG pool.

Thursday had the pool design I wanted and my PB did a few FG brands (barrier, thursday and blue hawaiian). my PB is very good and thorough so I wanted to work with him.
I have zero complaints so far with my thursday pool.. its thicker than any other pool he has installed (commented while cutting skimmer etc). As long as you do your research and get what you want im sure it will be fine.
Obviously warranties are a big deal as well. I just felt comfortable with thursday, and they have been great to work with.

Thursday had the pool design I wanted and my PB did a few FG brands (barrier, thursday and blue hawaiian). my PB is very good and thorough so I wanted to work with him.
I have zero complaints so far with my thursday pool.. its thicker than any other pool he has installed (commented while cutting skimmer etc). As long as you do your research and get what you want im sure it will be fine.
Obviously warranties are a big deal as well. I just felt comfortable with thursday, and they have been great to work with.

I've liked what I've seen so far with Leisure pools and more than likely go with them.

I'm getting the hang of that landscape software. Once I can figure out the slope feature, I'll be able to come up with some detailed plans. Here's what I got so far

Attachments

• Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 55

Made a few updates today and started adding somethings that we wouldn't do for a few years down the road like a hot tub. Would appreciate any feed back

Attachments

• PoolPlanB1.jpg
    PoolPlanB1.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 57
  • PoolPlanB2.jpg
    PoolPlanB2.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 60
  • PoolPlanB3.jpg
    PoolPlanB3.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 56
  • PoolPlanB4.jpg
    PoolPlanB4.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 55
Love it!! I so want a slide weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so much fun!!

The deck jets are neat but after a while they become more of a party favor than something you want running all of the time. They can be loud and cause the pH to rise. They can also be finicky with getting clogged over time. Just somethings to think about.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had deck jets in my build until the end... Biggest reason I took them out is because I would have to go all the way across my yard to where the valves are to turn them out (assuming no automation). No thanks... What a huge pain just to squirt some water... As many have said, its a novelty that quickly wears off.

Noah: If you haven't started yet, check out this guys buils - back yard is sloper even worse than yours!

Our backyard has (had?) a wicked tree filled slope. We never really used the backyard, it was useless space to us. Then the fiberglass pool came!
They built up the back, put a couple short retaining walls in, we planted lots of erosion controlling plants on the backside and now we have a great backyard.
Ours came in for around 50k. Pics in siggy line

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.