Fiberglass Concrete Decking and Cantilever Coping Installation Help!

HWES

Jul 30, 2020
New Jersey
Hi Everyone - I am new to the forum - but love what I have read so far. We are right in the middle of our FB pool install. We decided to go with an installer that has great ratings, but only installs the pool and does not do anything else ( electric, concrete etc). So after the pool was installed ( which by the way was a very arduous process to say the least), the pool is in the ground ( albeit with a 1.5-2 inch) difference from left to right. I think its sloppy - but its within the contract range. They claim its becasue it rained right after they installed - but heck they knew the weather forecast too - no? could have waited? Anyway - I am really asking about concrete here. We're going with a 3 feet around cantilever coping. But our concrete guys says he does not need to use rebar to attach to the pool. I have now read to seperate installers recommending to use rebar in the concrete attached to the FB pool. Is there anyone here that can tell me what I have to believe? Yes or no on rebar?
Also if anyone has brilliant ideas on fixing the almost 2Inch out of level - I am all ears! ( the installer has already returned and lifted the pool up, but we're still at almost 2 inches) Thanks so much for your help!!!

Welcome!

Did I understand correctly that you are 1.5-2" out of level? I cannot believe that is at all allowable - I'd check with the manufacturer about their thought on that and how it may impact your warranty. Our fiberglass pool is about 1/8" to 1/4" out of level. Our installer was very detailed with the setting and resetting. I know you were asking about decking, but maybe you can look into this before the deck is poured and the problem is easier to fix.

Can you add your pool info into your signature? It will help people help you.

Welcome to TFP.

What does the pool manufacturer specify for the concrete collar around the pool? Find out from the pool manufacturer the requirements for attaching the collar to the pool.

Then the cantilevered coping is separate from the concrete pool collar.

Thanks! I have contacted the mfr. For both the concrete installation guide and the pool being out of level.

And read this thread about how the manufacturer need to get involved to have the builder fix problems...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.