Fertilizer stain

Baskln

May 14, 2019
Conway, SC
Hey all, I just want to confirm with some of you fine folks before I move forward with this..

Last night I was fertilizing my lawn, and a few prills landed in the pool. My fertilizer contains iron, so I assume that's what made these spots. I've got maybe 10-15 small brown spots from where the prills touched on the surface. If I'm reading correctly, vitamin C crushed up in a sock and held on the stain should remove it, correct?

TIA for any advice!

My fertilizer contains iron, so I assume that's what made these spots. I've got maybe 10-15 small brown spots from where the prills touched on the surface. If I'm reading correctly, vitamin C crushed up in a sock and held on the stain should remove it, correct?

Welcome to TFP. That is the first thing to try.

I made an oopsie yesterday with lawn fertilizer n have stains from iron. I read this post but can’t get a visual in my head. Is there a how-to video or pictures on vitamin C method? Thx
If the water is warm enough to get in, you can just buy some cheap generic Vitamin C tablets and swim down and set them on the spots for a few minutes, then brush them away. If it's too cold, you mash them up in a sock with some clean smooth rocks or marbles and tie a string to it and drop it in. Then you push it into position with the brush and leave it to work. The string just makes it easier to fish out You could try scooping it with the net, too.

If the water is warm enough to get in, you can just buy some cheap generic Vitamin C tablets and swim down and set them on the spots for a few minutes, then brush them away. If it's too cold, you mash them up in a sock with some clean smooth rocks or marbles and tie a string to it and drop it in. Then you push it into position with the brush and leave it to work. The string just makes it easier to fish out You could try scooping it with the net, too.
You don't have to crush them up? I'm on the verge of the water being warm enough..

Not if the pill can cover the spot. Leave it sit a bit until it starts getting mushy. If it still hasn't lifted it, scrub the tablet across it.

It works pretty fast. Check out this old picture. Fiberglass steps.
Nice!

Would you happen to have a brand of tablet to look for or a link to what you used? Vitamin C seems to be hard to find now...like bleach! Those aren't the chew able kind are they?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice!

Would you happen to have a brand of tablet to look for or a link to what you used? Vitamin C seems to be hard to find now...like bleach! Those aren't the chew able kind are they?
That wasn't me. I just saved the picture someone else posted.

But when I did it to my pool, my wife already had a bottle of Vitamin C. Ask around. Its just plain generic Vitamin C, whatever is cheapest (or in stock.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.