Feherguard Above Ground Solar Cover Reel Base Review

tpirovol

Jun 17, 2020
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

I noticed there wasn't really a good review of the Feherguard reel anywhere. I ended up getting the Feherguard FG7B with the L18M 18' reel a few weeks ago and had my cousin come over and help install it.

We ended up needing to cut the rod since it was 18' long and we needed it to be 12'. It was easy to cut with a hand saw and put the burred ends inwards. We then founded the longest end of the oval pool and templated the install to find the location we needed to install the clips. We took the pool cover off the pool and used the driveway to connect the clips to the reel. All in all it took about 1.5hrs to get it all done taking our time to ensure it was all even.

So how does it work? It works really well, if you start the reel and ensure both ends catch and overlap correctly and reel it in while ensuring it reels in straight it works perfectly. The only thing that is a pain would be when un-reeling the solar cover since I have a 1/4 on one side and 3/4 on the other it sticks together after a few days of not using it. The best way to deal with that is to ensure once the shorter end is coming out to pull them both out at the same time. I also really like the way either side can swivel out or be taken completely off.

1594606777983.png
1594606803108.png
1594606831477.png

Hope this helps
Regards
T

Looks great. The reels are a great way of dealing with the solar cover.
With mine, I ended up attaching some 1" webbing to each end of the cover to assist in unreeling and pulling the cover over the water. I made the straps long enough to reach to the side edge with the reel handle and hang over the side by a couple of feet. That way when the short end came free I could pull it with the strap to the end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.