Sendit6

Aug 16, 2023
Pittsburgh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi All - just wondering how many people have the simple skimmer/returns set-up and how many have step jets or swim out jets or deck jets/fountains?

We have the simple set up: 1 skimmer and 2 returns. I like the simplicity of it, however lately have been wishing I had done step or swim out jets.

Anyone wish they would have gone the other way than what they have/added more?

My set-up is very simple as well. I have one suction line coming in and then 2 branches going out. One of those to the return jets, and the other goes to a small stub-out for a fountain or whatever I choose to do with it. You can see everything in my pool build link in my signature.

A lot of folks here have some amazing set-ups with tons of features. It's a personal choice. For me, I like the simplicity, not only for daily operations but in case repairs are needed (which at some point there are).

I do not think that step jets ever get used by anyone.

There might be a few people who use them, but I think that most people don't.

They might seem like a good idea, but in reality they are not really worthwhile.

Having a standard return over the steps to push debris away can help keep the steps a little cleaner. Most robotic cleaners won't clean the steps.

My pull it out of my rear guess is that 75% of pool water features are not used much after the first year, and the fun wears off.. After that, they are used mostly to impress guests. Obviously there are many exceptions, but odds are in my favor... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.