FC Testing Question

_K2_

Jun 10, 2018
Cooper City, FL
Hi everyone!

Found this forum and the SLAM method and I'm hoping to save my green pool.

I ordered and received my TF-100 test kit and began SLAMing this morning. After a few hours passed I tested the FC and the pink cleared a lot faster than it should have. I don't remember the exact numbers right now, but it was about half the amount of FC than the pool should have had. I left the test tube, grabbed some more bleach and added to the pool. When I came back inside I noticed that the FC test tube had turned pink again!

So it seems like after the water turns clear using the speed stir, if I wait for about a minute after the water turns clear the water will turn pink again.

My question is, is this supposed to happen? Is the clearness temporary? Or should I be waiting for it to turn pink again and begin adding drops?

My question is, is this supposed to happen? Is the clearness temporary? Or should I be waiting for it to turn pink again and begin adding drops?
If you let it sit it will always turn pink again - ignore it

Where are my manners - Welcome to the TFP pool! :splash:

I lived in CC for about 10 years - nice area.

_,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all of your "Pinkish" questions...

A green pool will eat chlorine like contestants at a pie each contest... You just have to keep feeding it chlorine until it can't eat anymore...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.