FC test check

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
Using Taylor k-2006c fas-dpd test kit.
For FC and CC test, does it really matter how much R-0870 powder I put in? From earlier readings came across threads where it was stated it does not matter how much powder is added.
If it does not matter, how many scoops should be best to use? How precise is best practice? I want to be consistent with my testing.
Watched Taylor videos. Using their process, but have been using method of putting in 2 heaping scoops per 10mL water sample to test for FC/CC.

Appreciate input to help clarify for me.

Last edited:
ONE heaping spoonful is all you need. Between the completion of the FC test and the CC test there should be no waiting around and immediately go from one to the next or else the clear result from the first test will start to turn pink.

If it does not matter, how many scoops should be best to use?

It does not matter once the water turns red. More scoops make no difference to the test.

How precise is best practice?

Since it does not matter, there is no best practice.

I want to be consistent with my testing.
Then do whatever you do consistently.

Watched Taylor videos. Using their process, but have been using method of putting in 2 heaping scoops per 10mL water sample to test for FC/CC.
That works.

Reactions: proavia
After I put in powder, mix it for about 20s. Then add drops for FC. Then without waiting add 5 drops for CC.
Sound fine to me.

Do you use a stirrer?

Keep on doing that.

Using Taylor k-2006c fas-dpd test kit.
For FC and CC test, does it really matter how much R-0870 powder I put in? From earlier readings came across threads where it was stated it does not matter how much powder is added.
If it does not matter, how many scoops should be best to use? How precise is best practice? I want to be consistent with my testing.

Appreciate input to help clarify for me.
Does your Taylor say 2 “heaping scoops” or just two scoops? One heaping scoop is enough or two level scoops.

Awesome. Good to know, I'll stick to what I have been doing to be consistent. Thanks!
It does not matter once the water turns red. More scoops make no difference to the test...
Then do whatever you do consistently.

No, don't have stirrer, but planning to get one, been mixing manual with good success thus far though.
Do you use a stirrer?
Keep on doing that.

Kit says spoons. But since does not matter, I'll keep doing....have tons of powder...to be consistent. Tx.
Does your Taylor say 2 “heaping scoops” or just two scoops? One heaping scoop is enough or two level scoops.

No, don't have stirrer, but planning to get one,
I can think of exactly *2* members who aren't 'fight you if you try to take it away' satisfied with theirs. One of them didn't use it much at the end of the season and may come around once it's used more in the spring.

Pretty much anyone else would fight you if you tried to take theirs away. Dirty if need be. 😁

I look for one or two grains swirling around after it goes good and pink. The extra doesn't dissolve for the most part so if you see just a little that won't mix, repeat that much forever. For me using 10 ml samples it's about halfway between a level scoop and a perfect snowball, so I aim for the snowball.

A stirrer will give you more consistency then all the other things you are worried about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.