FC struggles

The pool service company claims to have used 70 gallons, maybe they did, maybe its a typo. We have no way of knowing for sure. Even if it was just 7 gallons, that is still a lot of antifreeze to dump into a 7000 gallon pool.
I asked them about the 70 gallons and they said yes. Another member said it's not physically possible to get that amount of antifreeze into the lines as I would need 4 100 foot lines.

The pool service company claims to have used 70 gallons, maybe they did, maybe its a typo. We have no way of knowing for sure. Even if it was just 7 gallons, that is still a lot of antifreeze to dump into a 7000 gallon pool.
Yea, I remember that. Even 7 gal is excessive.

TRUK,

In a previous thread, I recall you were trying to diagnose a suction side leak with lots of air entering the pump the basket. Is it fixed? This may be causing inconsistent flow causing your SWG to turn on and off during the run cycle.

As Oly suggested, try bumping up your FC with liquid chlorine. I would do the overnight chlorine loss test (OCLT) with the SWG shutdown. If no significant loss, on the following night, do an overnight chlorine production test. Run your tests at the same time as the OCLT. Run the SWG overnight and calculate FC gain after the morning test. Compare the FC to expected gains from Pool Math.

Last edited:
TRUK,

In a previous thread, I recall you were trying to diagnose a suction side leak with lots of air entering the pump the basket. Is it fixed? This may be causing inconsistent flow causing your SWG to turn on and off during the run cycle.

As Oly suggested, try bumping up your FC with liquid chlorine. I would do the overnight chlorine loss test (OCLT) with the SWG shutdown. If no significant loss, on the following night, do an overnight chlorine production test. Run your tests at the same time as the OCLT. Run the SWG overnight and calculate FC gain after the morning test. Compare the FC to expected gains from Pool Math.
The air leak is not fixed. Have a meeting with the service manager at my house on thur to discuss the air leak. They're sending out a tech today to check a plate inside pump to see if it has a leak. I did an overnight chlorine test last night with swg off and had a loss of exactly 1.0.

TRUK,

I'll run the production test this evening.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.