Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
CYA 55
FC 8
Added 1 gallon of 10% bleach
New FC 13.5 (thirty minutes later)
This should have raised FC by 14.

Is the effects of adding calculator accurate? FC is going up as I add chlorine, is this fast enough?

I am using Taylor 2006c test kit

Welcome to TFP! :wave: One gallon of 10% should increase your FC by about 14 ppm. Are you trying to increase the FC to SLAM level for a SLAM Process? If so, it's possible a good chunk of the FC got consumed by algae.
Yes, I am trying to increase FC to slam level which is 22 according to chart. That makes perfect since that FC was consumed. So should I add more chlorine now? Or give it time to circulate?

Yes, I am trying to increase FC to slam level which is 22 according to chart. That makes perfect since that FC was consumed. So should I add more chlorine now? Or give it time to circulate?
To make the slam go faster, checking every 1-2 hours will speed the process, particularly early in the process!

You got this!

It's also possible that the bleach was old. Does it have a date on it? Sometimes it'll be a Julian date, so it'd be five digits starting (or ending) with 21 or 22.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.