FC not going above 2

boltjaM3s

Jan 21, 2019
Houston, TX
Hey guys, having a problem increasing my FC levels. Just did a test and here are the results:

FC = 2
pH = 8
TA = 80
CH = 310
CYA = 50
Salt = 3400

My SWG is at 60%. It's been somewhat bright and sunny, so I can imagine the cholrine getting burned up by UV, but I used to have FC of around 5-6. Since the last 2-3 weeks my FC has been around 2.

Anything that I can check to see how to raise my FC without pouring chlorine/bleach?

Thanks!

Nice to meet you via TFP :)

How many hours per day does your SWCG run for?

Generally it's best to use liquid to get your FC up to target, and then let the SWCG keep it there. If it were mine, I'd add liquid to achieve 5 ppm FC and then see how it goes from there.

And, doing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test before raising the CYA would determine if there is something in the water needing to be killed.
Performed the Overnight Chlorine Loss test- yesterday evening my FC was at 2, and today morning its still at 2.

Looks like I just need to add some liquid chlorine and CYA. It's strange because I haven't had my FC drop down this much ever before until now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.