FC Levels..?

That "shock" was probably Dichlor, which is basically chlorinated CYA. Witch each 10ppm of chlorine, you also add 9ppm of CYA.

The other chlorinated form of CYA is Trichlor, but it's not usually sold as "shock", as it's slower dissolving. Usually sold as pucks for a slow release of chlorine. For each 10ppm of chlorine you also get a complimentary 6ppm of CYA with Trichlor.

Another granular form of chlorine that's often sold as "shock" is calcium hypochlorite. It doesn't add CYA, but calcium, which can eventually lead to scaling problems.

Best to avoid all of these, and stick to liquid chlorine.

Take a deep breath - you've got this!

Due to the fact that we are not connected to standard sewage the draining the pool to waste has to go in stages. Still slowly lowering the water level before filling it again.

In the meanwhile trying to get hold of the K-2006C kit everybody seems to be so positive about. Analizar Agua in Spain is still under maintenance. Taylor Tech put me in the direction of HornerExpress who put me in the direction of Dinax in Hungary. Have yet to receive an answer...

So a waiting game for the moment, mind you the water is still only 10-12 degrees so no hurry ;-)

For the test kit, some other international members have had success using MyUS.com. They are a package forwarding company. No idea if it will work for you in the EU.

A couple of days out of the country. No chemicals added. First focussing on getting CYA to an acceptable level...
Unfortunately after all the vacuuming to waste and replacing with fresh water CYA is still only at 77...

As for the testkit I will take @mknauss route and order from the US. As the rules of importing from outside the EU has changed it will become a little nightmare I'm sure, yet hopefully worth it in the end.

Reactions: mknauss
....After more pumping out water and replacing it with fresh water: CYA 79... :cautious:

Now it has gotten to the point that I am pumping out the water. Made a new (temp) connection to a holding tank and will try and almost do a complete new start.

Just replaced 40-45% of the water to get to a new reading of.....CYA 60.
Honestly quite disappointing.
Other disappointing thing is that the pool went from clear to green.

On the other hand the K-2006C kit has been ordered and should be arriving the 27th...in the US, then we have to see how long it will take to get to Belgium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.