Fc levels

Varelao95

Mar 29, 2019
Lewisville, NC
Hello just tested my vinyl pool and Fc is 5.4 how ever every where I read it says range should be 1-3ppm I looked on the trouble free chemical levels and it says 3-7ppm is fine for vinyl so I am a little confused as to which to follow. Also how long should I wait to swim after adding dry Acid to lower PH? I added borax using the app hoping to hit 7.3 I started at 7.0 and after adding borax it sky rocketed to 8.0 any suggestions?

Many in the pool industry rely on antiquated standards for FC levels that do not take into account CYA levels. TFP does - FC/CYA Levels. You should consider using muriatic acid versus dry acid. Easier/quicker to dispense without potential by-products. We always use our PoolMath to predict proper dosage amounts. Once we see all of your readings, we can better advise you on what to do next.

I was told dry acid was better because it’s easier to handle
Some folks get a little nervous with the muriatic acid and for good reason - it is strong. But when dispensed correctly and carefully, is easier to use. Very accurate dispensing, predictability, and quick action. You'll find here at TFP it's our #1 weapon for an elevated pH.
Please see: Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool

At this point, the only thing I would do is bring the pH down just a little - 7.7-7.8. Your numbers look quite good. Nice work. :goodjob:

Reactions: Varelao95
15oz of dry acid should lower your pH by 0.1 and lower your TA 1.7. With the filter running you can be safe and wait 30 minutes after application.
Nothing wrong with your numbers if you are sure you are at a pH of 8 but lowering pH to 7.8 would be a bit better. Over time your TA will lower and your pH will stabilize.
Use Pool Math to check my numbers, you can also compare acid types relative to application results. Be sure to keep your FC in the zone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.