Fc levels

hilda

Apr 12, 2017
new caney tx
I'm having trouble keeping FC levels up adding about a whole gallon of bleach daily. Did the overnight test lost 1 ppm. What confuses me though is no signs of algae in my pool. The pool is crystal clear nothing on the bottom or sides of the pool so I'm really lost. My other numbers are good I just can't keep my FC up. We have had alot of rain lately wondering if this could have something to do with it. Help please!! Thank you

FC 10
ph 7.5
CC .05
TA 60
CH 375
CYA 80
pool.jpg

I'm loosing about 6 - 7ppm daily.

Wood burning heater was installed by previous owners. We only tried running it once but only ran it one day so it didn't really heat much. We were told previous owners ran it daily. I'll add a picture of it as soon as it stops raining.

Hmmm, the only thing you lose chlorine to are sunlight and organics (leaves, sweat, urine, algae, etc...) normal sun loss is 2-4 but that still leaves another 4ish ppm that's unexplained. You might have something growing in your water. Are you seeing any CC's?

Another thing I noticed is you said your adding a gallon a day. This is only about 3-4 ppm FC in a 24k gallon pool depending on concentration. Keeping up with a 6-7 loss would take about two gallons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.