FC Help, Baq to BBB Convert

Smykowski said:
If you put dry cya in a skimmer, you'll have to NOT backwash for a week. Put it in a sock and hang it in front of a return. Give a bunch of squeezes and it'll go fast.

I never did think about that..good idea. I'm gonna replace my sand before I go any further since its the second year of service on it also with Baqua in it too. I imagine liquid stabilizer ain't cheap and your idea seems very sound. I just didn't want a bunch of granules laying around in the pool and have it not dissolve quickly by trying to cram it all in the skimmer. My skimmer is fairly small so it'd take forever trying to dissolve small amounts at a time to keep it from plugging up trying to obtain a initial CYA level.

So apparently my pool as 0.06 ppm of copper. I had my wife run a same to the pool store and that's where that value came from. I was just curious as to what it was because if I do the CH test assuming there is copper I get a CH reading of 0. If I assume there is NO copper in the water I get a sky high CH reading. I don't know if I can trust the Pool Store's test results because they're weren't anywhere close to my test results last night and this morning with my TF-100 kit. Here's a shot of the results she just sent me and you can compare to my recent posts and see what I'm talking about.
pu5udy3u.jpg

Yep yep! And the squeeze the sock in front of the return worked like a charm!! It was dissolved in no time!

Alright finally..
3:00PM TC:6
4:00PM added 128oz 8% bleach
Also changed the sand in the filter.
6:00PM Added 3lbs CYA
6:30PM TC:12
7:00PM added 44oz 8% bleach
8:30PM TC:15, CC:1, pH:7.2, TA:100, I know I'm not supposed to test CYA after adding until a week passes but sue me, I did anyways CYA:40
8:45PM added 2lbs Borax

Two main questions:
1. When can I tell it's safe to swim? (Wife tells me I'm the first to go in because she's seen the countless bleach bottles I've thrown in, lol.)

2. Why can't I get that last pesky 0.5-1ppm of CC to go away and should I fret about it?

Thanks!

Time will tell. Now that there's CYA in there to preserve the FC and allow it do stay at a robust level and kick the behind out of the CC, and the rest of the chemicals have now been addressed, I'm hoping for good signs (or results) tomorrow morning throughout the next day or so.

Brush the heck out of the pool several times a day. It will help with that last bit of goo. There's also a chance some is hiding in the sand, so when you replace that it could go away.

Alright!!!
Today:
9:30am TC:17, CC:0.5 (woot woot!!) pH:7.2, TA:110, CYA:40
9:45am added 2lbs Borax
3:00PM TC:14, CC:0.5, pH:7.5

POOL IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!! Thanks guys!!!
And it was all for little next to nothing and that's saying something flushing BaquaGoo out.
14.5gal 8% Bleach $45
Box of Borax $5
3lbs of CYA Wally World ~$15

Total $65
The feeling I get when the pool guy gets disgruntled when I go to buy skimmer socks when he tries to sell me a bunch of stuff and doesn't know half of what he's selling...PRICELESS!!!

Pool cover I just bought...
y5u5esus.jpg

Roll's up quite nicely (look at that sparklin' water, lol...)
u4y6yhug.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.