Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2022
Spring Branch, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just started Nov 1 with a new pool and fill. For the past several weeks my FC and other numbers haven't changed much and should I be concerned? In another month or two, in March, will be taking a week away and wondered will my numbers change as the water warms up. I have an automatic cover with a slight opening at the end due to a faux Infinity edge. So for the most part, its 99% covered. Being in Central Texas, the weather has been in the 60-70's since we had the 3-day freeze in Dec. My water temp has been from 46 degrees(at the freeze in Dec) to what it is now at 61 degrees. The cover is on except for every other day for a few hrs in the morning when I test the water and brush. My FC-stable at 6, CC-0, PH-7.7, and TA at 90(I had it at 70 and I made a mistake by adding baking soda.) I believe my CYA is perfect at 35/40. I did add 4 oz of MA per PoolMath today. PoolMath shows I should be at 7.5 for PH which is why I added the MA. Anyway, not like I want to keep adding bleach or other chemicals every other day, LOL, but just trying to understand my pool and water in anticipation of vacations. Thoughts? Tks

Your numbers are great where they are right now. The FC will fall on its own either as time goes on or if your water temp increases. We've had some odd weather lately, but I suspect we still have a cold spell or two ahead. No need to force the pH down to 7.5. If it settles around 7.7-7/8 that's just fine.

Your numbers are great where they are right now. The FC will fall on its own either as time goes on or if your water temp increases. We've had some odd weather lately, but I suspect we still have a cold spell or two ahead. No need to force the pH down to 7.5. If it settles around 7.7-7/8 that's just fine.
Great to hear and thanks for the feedback.

I didn't see your CH level listed above, so you might want to post that as well just so we can evaluate.
CH was 310. I do this test like mthly. Last mth 355. PoolMath tells me recommended to be at 250-650 and Ideal 350-550. Based on my 6000 gal, my target shows 450. Hmmm, since you know about our water here in Central TX, the water for us is pretty hard so I haven't or skittish to increase CA. Your thought?

TxSpl- Great....not being a pessimist but wondering when my numbers will get out of whack....haha...I'm not doing a damm thing with this pool other than brushing every other day and testing. LOL...Thanks for the replies. Enjoy the nice weather..
Brushing every other day? That’s one thing you could lighten up on unless it’s visible dirty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brushing every other day? That’s one thing you could lighten up on unless it’s visible dirty.
Bperry- nope, clean as can be. Just being a Type A and do not know enough about pools and water chemistry yet so I tend to overcompensate. The pool is so small it takes no time to brush but you're right, I probably can cut back and brush like twice a week. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.