Little Rock, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
new to pool ownership and have swallowed the TFP ways of life.

i have been tracking my FC from morning to evening. losing about 3-4 ppm FC daily when kids swimming and cover off;
keep pool covered o/n;
o/n run pump 10-11 h and swg for 10 h (increase fc by 3-4 ppm)
pool cover comes off around 9-10; get about 6-7 hours of sun
my last CYA was 50 June 2.
I went changed to the larger intex SWG thinking I could maintain the 3-4 ppm drop
water is clear;

today results. no swimming today and pool cover stayed on the whole day. added water this pm (small leak from pipe)

AM results
FC 9.6
cc 0,2
ph 7.8

PM results
fc 6.4
cc 0,2
ph 7.6
ta 70 ( was 80; stable over last week)
cya 50
salt 2200

I am adding 10 oz of stabilizer tonight.

Do I need more salt? Is this why I am having to run my swg so long to get such a small increase in fc? the intex swg i have learned is finicky and doesn't like to get above 3000 and some saw the sweet spot is around 2700.; keep thinking about returning it and getting something more reliable.

Or is my fc dropping bc of sun and bc my cya is low?

Not an expert, but I have found that when the kids swim I need to add 1 to 2 ppm CL due to just sweat and body oils, etc. Depending on how many too. If I know they are having friends over, I bump it up an hour or so ahead of time.

Our SWG roughly set to maintain FC while covered up and no swimmers, add bleach to account for changes.

Raising the CYA should help a bit also.

Your salt system should add 8.1 ppm FC to your pool every 10 hours. It also requires 3000-4000 ppm salt. Should run fine at this salt level and running low can damage it. I would get salt at proper level. If it won't run at this level contact Intex for warranty work. CYA low isn't helping but I don't think this is your primary problem. Address it first then we can help if you also still have high FC losses.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.