FC and SWG question - Is there a typical Intellichlor setting?

Jul 16, 2015
SC
New pool owner here. SWG pool finished a couple of months ago. My pump runs 24/7 and the setting on the Intellichlor I60 was set to 60%. I have been checking the pH and FC daily and the FC has been above 6 on the K-1000 the last week. Here are my results from the TF100 today -

FC 18.0
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 90
CH 350
CYA 60
Salt 3700
Poll water temp 60F
CSI -0.13

What would you set the IC60 to now? Would you turn it off and let the FC drift down or set it to a lower percentage (ie 4%)? I will be checking the FC daily. I just don’t want to get into a situation where I will be seeking guidance on slamming the pool now that the weather is starting to warm up - LOL!

I am obviously still figuring this stuff out but what a great resource TFP is!

Thanks!

F,

This time of year your SWCG does not have to be anywhere near 60% if running 24/7. I would turn it down to zero for a couple of days and just monitor your FC.. When it drops to an FC of 7 or 8 I would turn the SWCG back up to 25% and then keep checking it... It will not take you long to get a feel for how much FC your pool is using.. It will use more with a lot of sunlight and a heavy bather load and a lot less with no one swimming and the sun not shining...

I personally use the "target" FC as my minimum FC.. Just lets me go longer between tests.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Farmoci
The 25% is just a starting point... as the weather warms up this number will start creeping back up to 50 or 60%

Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC each day.. Your SWCG running at 100% and 24/7 will generate 6.6 ppm of FC each day. So setting it to 50% in the summer will give you a little over 3 ppm. Depending on the weather and usage, somewhere between 40% and 60% in the summer should be just right for your pool.

Jim R.

Reactions: Farmoci
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.