FC 17, help?

sham

Silver Supporter
Mar 4, 2016
McKinney, TX
Our FC is 17, CC is 0 or less than .5
CYA 95
We've done liquid chlorine manually in the past but we were using pucks this summer because we were out of town a few times, I had set it high (6) because it was so hot here in Dallas and I was afraid chlorine levels would drop while we were gone and CYA was high...
Do I need to do something to lower it? and need to drain and refill to lower CYA. Is it safe to swim?

Do I need to do something to lower it?
Nope. No problem if your testing above is from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C and you are confident they are correct. Your FC of 17 is not an issue. You could have an FC close to 35 or so and still be fine as noted on our FC/CYA Levels.

For a CYA of 100 (round up), FC of 17 is just above Target level. Good thing it is that high.

It is safe to swim if that data is from a reliable test kit.

If you get some rain, drain a few inches each time and let the rain refill. The CYA will come down. Just do not let algae get in there, or you will be draining 50% all at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.