Favorite Suction cleaners

I've only ever used Pentair Rebel. It replaced a Polaris pressure-side vac. I would recommend it. It came due for a gear rebuild this year (about $100 for materials). That was after five years of uninterrupted service! But an entire replacement head was only twice as much. The latter didn't require any fiddling with vac guts, so that worked for me. And now I have two, a new one and a backup (and/or spare parts).

My Rebels have given me good value.

I have always wondered- what’s the difference between the rebel & the kreepy krauly warrior? I even see some called kreepy krauly rebel- it’s confusing.

Which suction cleaner do you think is the best?
Was always a big fan of the Poolvergnuegen/Aquanaut (probably sold 75-100 over the years) except when it came time to repair. When the patent ran out and Pentair made their "copy," they made many improvements that make repairs easier, less expensive (if anything can be called that in pool-related equipment), and more robust.

Reactions: 98Poolmaster
I have the Pentair Kreepy Krawly Sandshark. It’s always worked well in my pool. It’s a stupid-simple internal design that is easy to fix. The only addition I made with it is to always use an inline leaf trap to avoid suction like clogs. Other than that, it just works. It gets hung up on the drain covers but so did my robot and probably any other cleaner on the planet.

I will likely try a Rebel when the time comes to think about replacement. This current unit is only 2-1/2 seasons old so it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Reactions: 98Poolmaster
I have the Pentair Kreepy Krawly Sandshark. It’s always worked well in my pool. It’s a stupid-simple internal design that is easy to fix. The only addition I made with it is to always use an inline leaf trap to avoid suction like clogs. Other than that, it just works. It gets hung up on the drain covers but so did my robot and probably any other cleaner on the planet.

I will likely try a Rebel when the time comes to think about replacement. This current unit is only 2-1/2 seasons old so it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
The drain cover issue has never been corrected pretty much all the cleaners have that issue,the Rebel makes a Super Hump tire than is a little more effective for drain interference/stuckage.Polaris made a product called a Unicover which went around the drain cover it was rubber and had a slight incline so cleaners could go over it easier, but it would get nudged and moved away from that area(it was three pieces that connected and it would also separate sometimes) they still make it it’s price is really expensive for what it is it’s called the Unibridge now,but you know Polaris OEM parts are made of gold so they charge accordingly

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.