May 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all

I’m looking at hanging up my pole and hose after 3 years of manually cleaning and getting a robot cleaner.

Was going to go cheap but these ones don’t seem to come with

- anti tangle cable, is this a problem in real life?
- a filter to pick up the silt and sand, which I need as don’t really get leaves

I would ideally like to be able to run under my bubble cover does this confuse a water line cleaner?

Also I have an older wedge style pool shape so it has steep sloping sides before vertical sides in the deep end.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
More knowledgeable people will be along shortly, but I just recently bought a Dolphin robot cleaner and it's excellent, I highly recommend.

Even the "cheap" ones aren't exactly cheap here in the UK, and I've read about some folks only getting 3 years out of their robot, so I went with a pretty much entry level model (SX20, =S100, PoolStylePlus, E20). It doesn't have the anti-tangle swivel but - although it's early days - it hasn't tied itself in knots yet. Someone on here (I don't remember who) suggested leaving the cable coiled at the poolside and the robot will take in only as much as it needs - and that's a top tip!

What is does have is interchangeable filter baskets - and my purchase included the (optional, I think) ultra fine filter basket which does pick up the silt and sand pretty effectively.

The more expensive models have a second brush and maybe remote control, ability to schedule times, etc but this one does everything I need.

Lastly, I don't know if it would work OK under the bubble cover, it's not something I've tried.

Well, cheap in comparison to the expensive ones!!

Where did you get the ultra fine filter package combo?

I was looking at the poolstyle plus or the cayman or zodiac vortex.

There are so many different names for the maytronics dolphins, it's really hard to know which are the same as what.... !

I think the PoolStyle Plus is the exact same thing as the SX20 (just a different colour); the PoolStyle 35 I *think* is the next model up, ie equivalent to SX30. The difference being, offically, that it does the waterline as well as the floor and walls. But so does my SX20 as it turns out, so who knows.

The PoolStyle plus is also "cheaper" than the SX20 for reasons I don't fully understand.

I got mine from ukpoolstore, I think it's the only place that sells the SX range; I was buying a whole bunch of stuff including a new pump, filter and so on, so they gave me the ultra fine filter as part of the deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.