Fall / Winter changes

Apr 26, 2017
Houston, TX
New pool owner, ~6 months in. Live in Houston area, pool will stay uncovered all year, non heated.

Recently the water temperature has dropped to ~71F and the chlorine usage has seemingly almost stopped - need to know if this is normal and ok, and what else if anything I need to do.

FC - 6.27
TC - 6.67 (this is new, usually same as FC - ?)
pH - 7.6 (this is the level that the pool seems to seek, not much adjustment needed)
TA - 72 (seems to "seek" or go-to ~70, have tried to get it back to 80 recently, but doesn't want to go up...)
CH - 250 (have been raising slowly for awhile - hurricane Harvey took this way down, took quite a bit to get it back up)
CYA - 41

water temp 71F down from the 80s in the last month or so

So with the lower temperature my CSI is lower, more negative, ~.05ish to -0.18. Should I adjust my Target levels during the cooler weather? Or does this all look ok? Have had to add very little chlorine in the last week.

Normal. Still need to test every few days and you will see that you can add some chlorine every week or so. May even be able to go longer. Depends on organic material in pool, etc.

CSI does lower due to water temperature. As long as it is above -0.6 you are fine.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.