Fafco solar repair final solution

Bigwavedave2u

Jan 24, 2022
Folsom, ca
Here is your solution. Forget about screws, dripline fittings etc etc.
After major research here is a great solution which is only a suggestion
1. Although the pool solar panel manifold looks as if it is ABS, it is not.
2. The material is Polyolefin
3. Polyolefin can be repaired with a hot glue gun and Infinity supertac 500 hot glue sticks.
4. Soften the Polyolefin with your hot glue gun then dispense the glue stick in the area needed for repair and viola...works every time. The glue sticks are made of a custom Polypropylene material and will adhere to the Polyolefin.
5. Should you want to use screws or dripline fittings, cement them in with the Unfinity supertac 500 glue sticks. Incidently this product also cements ABS, PVC, CVPC, Polystyrene etc etc.

No fuss no muss

I was searching for an "easy fix" for my pool water solar collectors. People had used screws, dripline parts and a host of other eclectic ideas. I must have tried them all and they turned out funky, many worked but looked temporary. After making a few phone calls I was able to access what the heck the panels were constructed from. I was thinking ABS, but they are polyolefin. And so I searched for an adhesive that would work on low surface energy plastics which led me to Infinity Supertac 500 hot glue sticks. As soon as they arrived I ran up with a new stick or two and my hotglue gun and viola, 5 minutes later it was a wrap. They even weld ABS, PVC, CPVC etc. I tried to pry the adhesive off once it cooled but I couldn't. Also when the stuff cools a bit you can mold it. This stuff is used alot in the auto industry. Each stick is about $2.50 but who cares, it is really incredible stuff.

What was the problem with your Fafco solar that the Infinity Supertac 500 hot glue sticks foxed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.