Fafco Pool Panels

It can harm the panels. If the sun is beating on the panels, the retained water can get very hot which can make the plastics soft and potentially deform or cause leaks in the tubes. I think the problem is worse the steeper the roof and if they are the horizontally run panels.

It can harm the panels. If the sun is beating on the panels, the retained water can get very hot which can make the plastics soft and potentially deform or cause leaks in the tubes.

Those were my initial thoughts and I was about to make the same comment! But friends and family in central California switch off their solar panels in the dead heat of summer (110+ degrees!) and haven't had any problems so far (up to 10 years).

So what to do?

Because a proper install results in the panels draining of water when turned off, so they will not heat up as much or have the weight of the water in them.

I don't run mine in summer either

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.