Eye test not matching chemistry results

Sbcmurphy

Apr 20, 2020
Marlton NJ
This past week I noticed some faint green / yellowish spots at the bottom of the pool, along with small white spots. They are pretty hard to spot, as evidenced by the photo below where you can only see faint discoloration. Either way, there are 3 of these spots that weren't there before.

Now I initiated a slam a few days ago but here's the catch:
1. The water is crystal clear
2. My CC is 0 every time I test (and has been all year after the initial opening slam)
3. I pass the OCLT every night.

I have no clue what's going on but here's some more info.

1. It's rained 6+ inches the past few weeks followed by extremely hot 95°+ days on sunny days (in Southern NJ). Each storm sends a lot of junk in the pool that I vacuum up the next day.
2. I keep finding dead frogs in my skimmer almost daily. The other morning there were 7. I wonder if there's something going on to kill them? RIP little dudes.
3. Bc of the rain I have had to backwash/empty to waste once a week for the past 4 weeks. I think this has decimated my CYA (was only at 45 to start the year) but I've been compensating with extra chlorine each day until I can get some more stabilizer. Could this be causing issues?
4. I had a deep root fertilizer applied to the trees around the pool. Could the runoff from rain cause phosphate issues?

Looking for any ideas. Thanks all. PXL_20210710_142722761.jpg

Are you using PoolMath? If so, share your logs so we know what your current test results are.
Otherwise, post a full set of current test results from your K-2006.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water temperature

Possibly, your water circulation is poor in the areas you are seeing these spots. Or maybe a bit of fertilizer inadvertently got in the pool. Do the spots brush off easily?

Are you using PoolMath? If so, share your logs so we know what your current test results are.
Otherwise, post a full set of current test results from your K-2006.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water temperature

Possibly, your water circulation is poor in the areas you are seeing these spots. Or maybe a bit of fertilizer inadvertently got in the pool. Do the spots brush off easily?
Hi,
It doesnt brush off at all, but has faded a bit with daily vac.

Current numbers: 12k gallon vinyl, using 12.5% liquid chlorine

FC: 10
CC: 0
pH: 7.6 (my chlorine is high but pH hasn't changed once in two months)
TA: 80
CH: 40
CYA: < 30 but greater than 0
Temp: 78

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.