Extension cord for 110-120V and 3.2 A recommendations

emejia317

May 16, 2020
Visalia
I purchase the Bestway 22x12x4 Costco pool. I will be moving to a new home next year, so an extension cord is the best option for now. My question is: the pump has that information (110-120V, 3.2 A). Which extension cord would be best for this requirement? A 10 gauge or 12 gauge? Is there such things as timers that I could purchase for this?

Also, if the extension cord will be plugged in a GFCI outlet; does the extension cord have to be GFCI?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
To get the proper Gauge extension cord, we would have to know the length needed from pump to outlet because we already know your Amp rating ....Also, it would not be a special GFI extension cord; just a regular 3 prong plug.

You can actually get away with a 14 Gauge Medium Duty Extension Cord....If it will make you feel safer...get the 12....the 10 is definitely overkill...All the Best! I forgot to add...make sure the cord says it is either medium or heavy duty...I would not recommend using a light duty cord!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.