Explorer 30

utmom

Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2017
Utah
I FINALLY decided to purchase another robot (my last one didn't even make it 2 seasons). I called Marina Pool and they recommended the Explorer 30 (it was among the only ones left). This model is best described as a gutless wonder. I opened the box and it had a lemon smell--odd...seems like it was "cleaned". I dropped it in the water and loosely left some cord on the deck. The robot is unable to pull its own cord off the deck. It shuts off randomly--sometimes 4 minutes--sometimes 30 minutes. The power pack thing stays on--but the machine is off. It goes up the wall maybe once, and it won't even attempt the step--not even a little. I've cleaned it--flipped it over and checked the track--it's fine. It's plugged directly into a GFI (not an extension cord). I'm guessing it's defective? I've called and emailed Marina, they haven't responded (I just sent another message). Anyway, I'm guessing it's just defective but wanted to know if anyone else has this model and how theirs works. I'm debating about just going back to the suction vac and I'm getting tired of expensive robot drama. My last one seemed to do much better at cleaning (though not making 2 seasons caused me to hold off on a new one for the past 2 years). So I feel like I sort of know what they are capable of--this new one certainly seems not right.

I received the E20 yesterday from Marina. I used it today and it worked great. So maybe you just have a defective one?
The Explorer 30 (all black)? Or active 20? I'm in the process of returning mine (Explorer 30). I'm undecided if I'll give up on robots or not. I also noticed on mine that I only received the basket, and not the corrugated fine filter (which is what I really needed). I'm thinking mine was a prior return--I got a lemon....which actually smelled like a lemon. This one was not shipped directly from Marina so it was not them who sent it to me.

It is the Explorer E20 that I received.

The E20 only comes with one filter. It is not supposed to clean the waterline tile but it climbs the wall and pops slightly out of the water and does clean the tile.

I don't know how much the ultrafine filter costs or if it is necessary. Just going to try and use what I have for now and see how it works out.

I did notice the shipping label shows it came from Marina but the box was actually shipped from Atlanta. Maytronics US headquarters are in the Atlanta area. I am guessing Marina has access to inventory and it ships directly from the manufacturer?

The Explorer 30 (all black)? Or active 20? I'm in the process of returning mine (Explorer 30). I'm undecided if I'll give up on robots or not. I also noticed on mine that I only received the basket, and not the corrugated fine filter (which is what I really needed). I'm thinking mine was a prior return--I got a lemon....which actually smelled like a lemon. This one was not shipped directly from Marina so it was not them who sent it to me.
It only comes with one filter, Marinas has incorrect info on her website. The ultra fine/corrugated filter you have to purchase separately. The pic below showing the included filter is straight from Maytronics website. I ordered the Explorer 30 on Thursday, as like you said the supply/choices is very limited. Waiting for it to arrive and this will be my first robot.

1624305418010.png

Last edited:
It only comes with one filter, Marinas has incorrect info on her website. The ultra fine/corrugated filter you have to purchase separately. The pic below showing the included filter is straight from Maytronics website. I ordered the Explorer 30 on Thursday, as like you said the supply/choices is very limited. Waiting for it to arrive and this will be my first robot.
Good to know about the filters. I am returning mine so I hope you have better luck. I was very excited to get another. I did see a video on here of something to try if they keep shutting off--I thought about trying it--but mine seems to have other issues too (not climbing etc...) so I'm going to give up the robot dream.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.