Expected Downtime Sometime Soon

I saw that same behavior on my iPhone with Safari that showed one unread alert while my Windows PC with Firefox showed no unread alerts.

I opened up the alerts page using Show All on my phone and couldn't find any unread ones. I finally clicked on the Mark Read button on my PC and that cleared the unread number on my phone. There is also a Mark Read buton on the phone alert list page.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this as well, but I have another bug that's hitting on my iPhone Xs/iOS 14.4.1/Safari.

I click 'Menu', and then 'Settings'. Then when I click the little submenu that defaults to 'Your account' to go to a different section, the screen dims but the sidebar doesn't appear. Interestingly, if I rotate my phone, the sidebar then appears, and if I rotate it back it's still there. If I start in Landscape, it doesn't work though. So basically to access different sections of Settings I have to start Portrait, click the submenu, then rotate my phone to Landscape.

I can post a screen capture video if this doesn't make sense.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this as well, but I have another bug that's hitting on my iPhone Xs/iOS 14.4.1/Safari.

I click 'Menu', and then 'Settings'. Then when I click the little submenu that defaults to 'Your account' to go to a different section, the screen dims but the sidebar doesn't appear. Interestingly, if I rotate my phone, the sidebar then appears, and if I rotate it back it's still there. If I start in Landscape, it doesn't work though. So basically to access different sections of Settings I have to start Portrait, click the submenu, then rotate my phone to Landscape.

I can post a screen capture video if this doesn't make sense.

Can you do a recording and email it to me at [email protected] as I’m not completely following to recreate. 👍

Hi Lee
Is there a setting on your side (or maybe its on my side) that will show the alert "read/unread" notification all the time in a desktop Browser the same way it shows in a mobile Browser? In my case I am using Brave on both Win10/7 and Android. I have found it very useful as a quick way to see if I have read an Alert, but on the Desktop version I have to hover my mouse over the alert first to see it. Bellow are some pics to illustrate what I am talking about.
Thanks!

This is a screen shot with my mouse hovering over the one alert.. the mouse cursor is not showing up.. and for some reason I can see the grayed out unread posts in the screen grab but not on my actual screen. It probably due to the color palate that is selected, but its just the default theme.
Alert notifications.jpg

Here I pasted in the dots so they are visible. This is the way they display on the mobile version of this browser. Can we make the desktop version look like this?
Alert notifications_alt.jpg

Last edited:
Will the ability to search things like specific tfp articles be restored? (Further reading etc)
Every time I search something that i know there is a specific article for it just gives me thread results & I have to go hunt the article in pool school etc.

Will the ability to search things like specific tfp articles be restored? (Further reading etc)
Every time I search something that i know there is a specific article for it just gives me thread results & I have to go hunt the article in pool school etc.
If I may ask, are you on mobile or desktop most the time when this occurs?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thought so,

Yes, we will be fixing a “bug” where Google isn’t the default search. We attempted to fix this issue, and did on desktop we believe, but messed up mobile. 🤦🏼‍♂️
I knew you were working on all the tfp wiki stuff- as opening season is here & the forum gets busier I find myself trying to reference specific deeply placed articles which used to be easily accessible via the search bar with specific keywords.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.