Expected Downtime Sometime Soon

The dots...where'z da dots. Its been long enough now I thought I would mention this one...

On my phone's browser I can see those dots that indicate if I've viewed a thread in the alert drop down. The thread link is also a little grayed for the links i have not opened yet. Pretty cool.

But on my pc the dots are only visible when I hover the mouse over the alert. Its a solid dot if I have not opened it, and a circle if I have. But both disappear if the mouse is not over the post. Also its not grayed either like on the phone.

It looks like the phone is the way its supposed to look. On both devices I am using Brave as the browser. With the default display settings and no themes. I have not tried a different browser yet.

Last edited:
up at 1:50 AM you need to sleep :)

Ok leebo, I am really tech, like this is my job... I have no idea where your getting BB code.. Below is what I see when I go to my media...
I can download it, zoom, full screen, and close the image... on the right hamburger button I can set as avatar, edit the image and change the thumbnail... on the bottom I can post to facebook and all the others and copy the link... I see nothing with bb code anywhere... to get this pic I used snip and sketch....

The link used to be right between the insert image and the smilies button... Is it me cause I can not find it anywhere now...

1615288324399.png

When you went to the gallery and copied the link you’ll want to copy one with the BBcode, not just the link. In this case the software treated it only as a link while the code below shows it after copying the BBcode

full

I see nothing with bb code anywhere.
The only way I could get to my BB and other codes is from the medial album. Put your cursor over the pie thumbnail of your choice and a pop-up will slide up from the bottom of the thumbnail. Click on the pic's title from there and you will see the menu to the left like before. A bit tricky and not very user friendly, but that's all we have for now.

Reactions: Leebo
As Pat said, don’t click on the photo. Click on the title and it’ll pull up more options.

I’ll go beyond saying it’s “tricky,” I’ll call it stupid. In no way is this expected behavior and I’ve mentioned it on XenForo’s forum to see if it gets altered somewhat. Until then, I suspect we’ll see more of these questions in the future.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I must really be stupid... Nothing pops up for me, when I click the title it opens the photo... I can hover over my username and it opens up my info but nothing to do with the photo...

You can not see where my mouse is but I had it over the 1615288324399.png nothing pops up and if I click that it opens...

1615293344463.png

Ohhh wow, I just figured it out... by clicking the name it opens up a different window, then you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is the BB Code...

I don't see anyone having a problem finding that... (sarcasm) took me 2 days With 2 very smart people trying to explain it to me... and I do software and hardware for a living... :brickwall: :laughblue:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh it gets WAY worse…….
Before there was an icon you could click that would open up ALL of your photo gallery photos. You’d select which one you’d like to insert into the post, and it was done. It was actually very speedy and seeing how all photos on TFP are now shown in the gallery, very beneficial.

They deleted the ability to “view all.” 🤦🏼‍♂️

Oh it gets WAY worse…….
Before there was an icon you could click that would open up ALL of your photo gallery photos. You’d select which one you’d like to insert into the post, and it was done. It was actually very speedy and seeing how all photos on TFP are now shown in the gallery, very beneficial.

They deleted the ability to “view all.” 🤦🏼‍♂️
That is the Icon I have been looking for, made it so easy and the reason I moved my photos to the gallery... I guess I am going back to imgur for ease of use...

Despite all the headaches, don’t do that. Just upload as an attachment. The way things are now setup they’ll automatically get saved into the gallery. Once I get some time I’ll see if maybe I can figure out a work-a-round. I know XenForo has been taking a slight verbal-lashing about the setup (don’t ask me why 🙄) so hopefully in the future they’ll change things up. Personally a repeat of PhotoBucket is just a risk I’d personally avoid taking.

Despite all the headaches, don’t do that. Just upload as an attachment. The way things are now setup they’ll automatically get saved into the gallery. Once I get some time I’ll see if maybe I can figure out a work-a-round. I know XenForo has been taking a slight verbal-lashing about the setup (don’t ask me why 🙄) so hopefully in the future they’ll change things up. Personally a repeat of PhotoBucket is just a risk I’d personally avoid taking.
Will do :)

Ok, so don’t totally bash XenForo here. Bash this guy!

If you click on the camera now it’ll restore the old button. I was selecting the wrong “quick button” the entire time thinking they made the change.
stupid lloyd bridges GIF

Reactions: mguzzy
I just noticed something. The "Toggle BB Code" button in the post editor toolbar. Was that there before? I like the option, but I don't like that I can't use anything else in the tool bar while in BB mode. I don't think it worked that way before. :(

I'm still lovin' the blue dots in the Alert menu. Very handy. Few notes on those:

- As I mentioned, I wish I didn't have to hover to see them. Do the as-yet-to-be visited items have a slightly darker background? That works, but that effect could be more obvious for these tired ol' eyes.

- I think I'm seeing dots go away on items I haven't clicked on, but are in the same thread as items I have clicked on. I get the logic of that. I could go either way. But I also think I'm seeing dots go away on items I haven't clicked on that are not related to anything. Kind of random. Anybody else seeing that? I don't think I can recreate that to study it, because once the system thinks the Alert item has been visited, there's no way for the end user to restore it as unvisited, so it's hard to diagnose.

I realize some of these items may not be available at the front-end admin level, but just seeing what might stick to the wall...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.