Exchanging water after pool opening

I’ve added 4 bottles. I even bought the test kit to test the amount of the purple stuff in your pool. I’m working on balancing my chemicals now. It only took 3 lbs to lift the stains. So, maybe I can keep the stains away.
And….(da da da daaa) aqua salt!!!

Did you have to give up a kidney? lol 😂
It wasn’t bad at all. A little less than double . I found it at a local pool store. They said they had trouble getting it last year and people were upset about it. So, maybe it’s worth it. I’m going to do whatever it takes to keep it pretty and swimmable. So far, so good. But, it’s always good for about 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I’m 4 weeks in on my latest AA treatment.

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 60
CYA 70

I can see a little staining on the white surfaces. But, this my most successful attempt. I’m using an average of 32 oz. Of sequestrant about every 5 days.

Is it normal to need that much sequestrant?

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    474.4 KB · Views: 2
I’m 4 weeks in on my latest AA treatment.

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 60
CYA 70

I can see a little staining on the white surfaces. But, this my most successful attempt. I’m using an average of 32 oz. Of sequestrant about every 5 days.

Is it normal to need that much sequestrant?
For the jacks purple stuff the maintenance dose is up to 8oz per 10k gal/week
So roughly 20oz or a bit more per week in your size pool.

Some have had more long lasting success with proteam metal magic and can get by with only monthly maintenance doses of 3-16 oz per 10k gal. Depending upon metal content.
Ymmv. But may be worth trying.

This is 4 weeks after the AA treatment and water exchange?
2nd AA treatment. The 1st AA treatment was before the exchange. After the initial water exchange, I didn’t use a sequestrant thinking I wouldn’t need one because of the exchange and ended up doing a second one. It only took about 3 lbs of AA vs 10 lbs for the 1st treatment to remove the stains.

For the jacks purple stuff the maintenance dose is up to 8oz per 10k gal/week
So roughly 20oz or a bit more per week in your size pool.

Some have had more long lasting success with proteam metal magic and can get by with only monthly maintenance doses of 3-16 oz per 10k gal. Depending upon metal content.
Ymmv. But may be worth trying.
I was using the Jacks because I had a test kit. But, I still have staining when I get the chlorine up. I have to keep it up or the pool starts growing pink stuff. I got in it today and rubbed vitamin C on the steps and jets. They look good. But, now the liner looks dingy. Today was the 1st day it’s been warm enough to get in it. I’ll just have to do the best I can.

I was using the Jacks because I had a test kit. But, I still have staining when I get the chlorine up. I have to keep it up or the pool starts growing pink stuff. I got in it today and rubbed vitamin C on the steps and jets. They look good. But, now the liner looks dingy. Today was the 1st day it’s been warm enough to get in it. I’ll just have to do the best I can.
There was talk of using the jacks test to help determine the amount of metal magic on one of the bazillion threads I have scoured here. If I find it again I’ll share it.
Yea the cleaning only one thing is like whitening one tooth 🤣
It looks great but makes all the others look terrible!
At what fc/cya level does this pink stuff occur?
Got any pics of it?
I wouldn’t let fc fall below minimum.

Reactions: Pennypat