Geminisq

May 23, 2021
LargoFL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New pool arrived on Wednesday. We spent Thursday & Friday after work finishing site prep & leveling pavers. We have run into an issue with size of the pool and excess liner. We have to widen out the area of the whole pool so that there is not excess liner. Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

Attachments

• 20210823_061710.jpg
    20210823_061710.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210823_061701.jpg
    20210823_061701.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 38
HELP! We cannot figure out what the heck is going on with this liner. Did we overstrech it? We got the excess spread out, but Idk why it still seems like it's too big?

Attachments

• 20210824_140839.jpg
    20210824_140839.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210824_140820.jpg
    20210824_140820.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 27
I saw your post this morning.. I have only dealt with Intex pools and modifying them... No idea about liner pools as they scared the begeeses out of me when I tried to read the instructions.. I do wish I could help... :)

Have you used a shop vac to set the liner to the wall? This video has obnoxious music but it does show how to install the liner about 10 minutes into the video. See if using the shop vac takes up the excess. If possible I would also contact the seller and send photos to ask for advice, but try the shop vac first.
As far as the video goes I would wait to cut the skimmer opening until the water is about 2" from the bottom of the skimmer.

Reactions: Geminisq
How much over hang is on the other side of the pool? This is an overlap right?

It looks like a j-hook liner installed like an overlap liner. What size is the pool supposed to be? You may want to get a tape measure and measure pool wall height, and the width across the top of the pool from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock. Make sure everything matches the size pool you ordered.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like a j-hook liner installed like an overlap liner. What size is the pool supposed to be? You may want to get a tape measure and measure pool wall height, and the width across the top of the pool from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock. Make sure everything matches the size pool you ordered.
It's a beaded liner that did not come with J-Hook attachments, just regular plastic coping that would go with an overlap liner.
18' x 52". It's listed as a beaded liner and did not come with J-Hook attachment, only regular plastic coping that goes with am overlap liner.
I’m here and pulling for you like no tomorrow Gemini. I just don’t know. Lemme call in some above grounders and maybe they do. :)
@Casey @zea3 @cowboycasey @woodyp @kimkats @kellyfair @Mdragger88 (in no apparent order. :ROFLMAO:).
We have pretty much gotten it spread out. My husband thinks we overstreched it, but I think it was oversized to begin with. We used the vacuum, but wow we have worked with it for 1 1/2 days to get it straight. I'm still baffled by it. My husband is sooo aggravated. This is our 2nd pool and we have been so diligent to do everything correctly. Thanks to all.

Reactions: Newdude
We even made special shoes out of insulation board to make the bottom smooth without footprints 😆

Attachments

• 20210824_202301.jpg
    20210824_202301.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210822_190651_HDR.jpg
    20210822_190651_HDR.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Haha
Reactions: Casey
It's a beaded liner that did not come with J-Hook attachments, just regular plastic coping that would go with an overlap liner.

18' x 52". It's listed as a beaded liner and did not come with J-Hook attachment, only regular plastic coping that goes with am overlap liner.

We have pretty much gotten it spread out. My husband thinks we overstreched it, but I think it was oversized to begin with. We used the vacuum, but wow we have worked with it for 1 1/2 days to get it straight. I'm still baffled by it. My husband is sooo aggravated. This is our 2nd pool and we have been so diligent to do everything correctly. Thanks to all.
Thank you all so much! Idk what I would do without this community!

If you bought a beaded liner, the liner comes with the j-hook that gets removed. The bead track is a separate "item" purchase. All beaded liners are sold as j-hooks. J-hooks just slip over the top rail n the stabilizer bars go over the j-hook. I always threw the plastic pieces away using j-hook liners.

Reactions: Geminisq
The lighter blue vinyl at the top of the liner is a unibead. It has the folded piece at the top which is a "J-hook". It also has a bump just below the J-hook which is the "bead". You can either hook the J-hook on the top of the pool wall, then put the stabilizer and top rail on top of it, or cut off the J-hook and use a bead receiver to tuck the bead into and hang the liner. Stabilizer and top rail go on top of the bead receiver. Overlap liners are extra long and literally fold over the top of the wall. It is held in place with a liner clip, then the stabilizer and top rail. The top edge of an overlap liner doesn't have a bead or hook on it.

If you ordered a beaded liner then you should have also ordered or the package had included bead receivers.

I am aware of the different tyoes of liners. This is a pool package that came with everything. The type of liner included with the pool package is a unibead. We did not recieve any bead recievers, only the regular plastic coping. The bead is too thick to get the plastic coping over the top of it. It took some time but we finally got the excess spread out evenly.
Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.