Ever seen this? Split/Cracked FNS Plus 48 DE Filter Base

Jun 21, 2013
Bawston, MA
Hey all, (real) long time, no talk... Got a text from the wife while I was working that basically said 'I heard water gushing out back by the pool and went out back to find this...' and send me a photo.

I'm really kind of flabbergasted; I would have thought that the gasket would have failed long before the filter itself cracked if it was a pressure issue (I had backwashed just before I went to work and the pressure was right around 20psi). Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

IMG_0449.jpeg

Their have been filter housing failures reported.

Time for a new filter. You have a lot of pump. You should consider getting a less powerful pump. That will reduce your pressure and lower your electrical cost.

Their have been filter housing failures reported.

Time for a new filter. You have a lot of pump. You should consider getting a less powerful pump. That will reduce your pressure and lower your electrical cost.

I'm sick of grids, so I'm thinking we should go Quad DE, but I also like the idea of being able to swap the filter out myself by replacing with the same model, vs paying to have the Quad DE installed if it requires plumbing changes. Of course, if we're swapping out the pump, it might be as good a time as any to do so I suppose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.