Escutcheons for Volleyball Net

DoDo1975

May 22, 2020
Kelowna, Canada
I bought some brass escutcheons for my pool deck for use with poles for a volleyball net. Any tips on how to set and level them prior to a concrete pour so they are level with the pool deck; and will be stable enough for the concrete finishers to not move them?

Much Thanks,

I assume you have the sleeves in place that the escutcheons will go around? Some escutcheons have little tabs on the ID. You can push those inwards a little to make them snug to the sleeve. Does this help? If not, post a picture (s) so we can better understand your set up.

Perhaps my terminology is incorrect. I have the anchor and I want to set it up for the concrete people to pour around it. They say that the pool builder set these up for them and I am building my own pool.

Hmm, I would try again with the concrete people. They're pushing the responsibility of getting that just right back to you. Day of pour, something like that could get ignored, and end up at the wrong level, then they'll blame you. At the very least work together with them, ask them what they want to see in terms of level height and securing.

We built an upside down U shape out of leftover PVC at the correct distance apart. We put them close to the correct place, labeled the PVC with the exact measurements from the edge of the pool. They could easily adjust placement (height mostly) by grabbing the top of the 'U'. Watch them close on pour day.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.