Error 120/121 after cartridge replacement

DallasPool11

Apr 24, 2019
Dallas
Editing:
Just replaced the Zodiac startup cartridge with DuoClear 45 (I hadn't read the TFP thread/advice on DuoClear), but immediately got error 120/121 went on the Jandy Aqualink. Returned the startup cartridge but still error.

I checked the salt cell, which I recently had cleaned and it looks ok.
I hear the middle prong on the cord can typically go out, but it looks strong.

Any thoughts on the new error code? Thanks.

Last edited:
Your builder did you a favor not replacing the Nature2 mineral cartridge. The minerals add copper and silver to the pool that accumulate and cause staining.

We recommend you leave the empty cartridge in the Fusion2.

The mineral cartridge system is totally independent from the SWG system. They just happen to be in the same case.

You may have jiggled the cable while working on the cartridge.

Error 120​

120 is low current. That can be from low salt, low water temperature, a bad power cord, cell plates corroded or loose power pins. Make sure that temp is above 60, salt is 3400, power cord is good and look in the cell at the plates with a good light from both ends to see if the plates are corroded.

Error 121​

A 121 error can occur for a number of different reasons: dirty cell, damaged cell, bad cell cable, low salt level, cell wearing out due to age, or damaged power supply.

Test the salt level with a K-1766 Taylor Salt Test.

Thanks. Salt is good, levels are good, cell clean, no visible damage to power supply, cords or pin. It’s 4 years old so could be age and just a coincidence it came on when I looked at cartridge. ?
Wondering if I should call a professional or just buy a new cell first.

Thanks. Salt is good, levels are good, cell clean, no visible damage to power supply, cords or pin. It’s 4 years old so could be age and just a coincidence it came on when I looked at cartridge. ?
Wondering if I should call a professional or just buy a new cell first.
I don’t know what a “Professional “ will tell you that you don’t already know.

Replace the cord when you replace the cell.

Reactions: DallasPool11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.