Equipment Question

Atlpoolie

Dec 26, 2023
Buford, GA
Hello - just bought a house with a new pool that was installed by previous owner just over one year ago. I’ve been browsing the forum and have a few questions. Love the support and knowledge here. Completely new to pool ownership.
1. I have a nature2 fusion system installed. I haven’t changed the mineral cartridge and don’t plan to based on posts here. Correct approach? I’ve also been adding chlorine tabs (looking into liquid chlorine but haven’t made the leap just yet).
2. Can someone help me identify the circled component? Backflow preventer?
3. Ionizer - is this a recommended item? I’ve seen it highly recommended in some of the facebook groups.
3. Any tips or recommendations on the setup I’ve got?

Pool is 14k gallons, located in Buford, GA.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 15
Welcome :wave:

Get a proper test kit as the previous owner was obviously following “industry recommendations” which means your pool’s water chemistry is probably off. Only by self-testing with a high quality test kit can you ever hope to maintain your own pool. And, no, pool store testing is not adequate.

The circled item is a check valve to protect the heater from the nasty stew of acidic water created by the trichlor tabs in the Nature2 thing.

Ditch the UV lamp and trichlor feeder (and useless mineral system) with a salt water chlorine generator.

Follow the advice on TFP and you’ll always have a clean and clear swimming pool that is easy to take care of. Follow pool store advice if you want to constantly battle with your pool and waste lots of hard-earned money it.

Step 1 - Get a test kit and post results … after that, we’ll get to Step 2 ….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.