Equipment Pad Plumbing Rework - Advice Wanted

Pentair calls for the bypass to be at position 7 when closed assuming the straight shot is going to the heater so on yours that would be the 16 and 18 lights on
Page 6 of the attached :)

Press and hold the Red arrow button on the IntelliValve actuator until the Red LED indicates position 17. Press the SAVE button. All the LEDs in the path of travel will flash five (5) times, then the LED for the last set end point will remain on.

Attachments

• pentair_heater_auto_bypass_valve_replacement _kit.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
The straight shot is not going to the heater as you can see in the picture. That has been my dilemma. Straight is bypass. diverted right is to heater. I can try 17 but if I remember correctly the check valve flap look like it was still closed. And anything larger than that number seems like it is cutting off so much flow through the bypass then what is even the point. I'm wondering if having the straight go bypass and the turn to heater is messing this up (vs straight to heater and turn to bypass). It shouldn't matter right?

Last edited:
The straight shot is not going to the heater as you can see in the picture. That has been my dilemma. Straight is bypass. diverted right is to heater. I can try 17 but if I remember correctly the check valve flap look like it was still closed. And anything larger than that number seems like it is cutting off so much flow through the bypass then what is even the point. I'm wondering if having the straight go bypass and the turn to heater is messing this up (vs straight to heater and turn to bypass). It shouldn't matter right?
Should not matter. 7 is heater straight , 17 heater on the 90

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.