Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The location my PB recommended for our equipment pad will end up being about 12" or so above the waterline of the pool. I understand it is best for the pad to be the same elevation as the waterline, or if the same elevation isn't possible, then below.

I understand a bit of hydrodynamics, and have read how the elevation can cause a risk of cavitation as well as priming difficulty. Being in Texas, we won't winterize the pool, but of course, will be maintaining equipment and will need to prime the pump afterward.

How much of a risk are we taking by having the pad 12" above the waterline? And is there anything which should be done differently in the plumbing configuration because of this?

No issues. That is a minimal lift for the self-priming pumps used. An Intelliflo VS like you show in your signature will prime easily. In reality, the system should stay fully primed all the time as long as you do not have any leaks.

No issues. That is a minimal lift for the self-priming pumps used. An Intelliflo VS like you show in your signature will prime easily. In reality, the system should stay fully primed all the time as long as you do not have any leaks.
What would be the upper limit of elevation rise? We just started the design process and the prime equipment location would end up being 2 - 2.5’ above pool level. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.