Equipment freeze protection (ice fishing tent)

Randrx2

Bronze Supporter
Dec 13, 2018
Gallatin, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
So I had been covering my pipes and equipment with blankets and a tarp with a heater underneath (very small, only max about 200W) during the cold snaps we had. This worked well, but it was tough to get to the equipment if I need to access valves or to access my drain spigot for draining due to rain. I also like to use the drain spigot for my water testing so I do not have to stick by arm in cold water. One of my neighbors said they use an ice fishing tent for their equipment, so I thought I would give it a shot. I picked up one on Amazon (in red, because it was the cheapest option at about $60). I put a regular space heater in (750W/1500W) that lets you set the temperature, so I do not have to unplug during the warm spells or when the sun hits it and warms it up. It also allows me to access the equipment. We will wait and see how it holds up if it gets really cold. I can always throw the blankets on top of the pipes for an extra layer of protection.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 7.26.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 7.26.21 AM.png
    686.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 7.26.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 7.26.08 AM.png
    495.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.