EPSA Silen Pool pump problem...please help!

May 1, 2011
London, UK
Hi All,

We have an above ground pool which uses an EPSA Silen 50M pump. This morning I woke up to no water movement and the pump was buzzing. I turned off the power, stripped the pump down and noticed one of the bearings had seized. Not having a new one to hand I used some WD40 to free it up and it spun fine.

I re-assembled the pump and connected it back to the pool and switched on. It turned, angrily, for a few seconds then stopped again. I removed the pump and partially stripped it down. It seems that the impeller rubs up against the diffuser which puts a lot of strain on the motor. I can't see any physically problems with the plastic apart from it looking a little worn in parts, especially where the impeller meets the diffuser but do think this can't be right.

The motor shaft spins relatively freely without the impeller screwed down and fairly freely with the impeller screwed on to the shaft.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do or if this rubbing is normal?

Many thanks
Darren

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.