EP's 1st Pool Season Thread

Thanks for the assistance!! I have read all the articles but felt I was in this weird zone of not needing SLAM but also not ready to get the swg going so I wasn't sure what guidance to follow!! Sounds like a good plan to kill off any lingering icky! Thanks again!

Whoops just did the full panel before reading this!! I am glad I did though since it was only my second full test and I felt so much more comfortable already!! It's looking good still to me, add a little bleach to up the FC to 10 again. Cya is showing up so the sock dose went well.

My swg wasn't running because I thought you didn't run it until you were all clear of algae?

My questions:
- should I go ahead and add more stabilizer since my goal range is 70-80? I understand to take it slow and not overshoot!
-can I/should I go ahead and dump in the extra salt and get my swg going in 24hrs?

You don't know how happy and lucky I feel having found this forum before going to the pool store!!!
Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190609-133057.png
    Screenshot_20190609-133057.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
- should I go ahead and add more stabilizer since my goal range is 70-80? I understand to take it slow and not overshoot!
-can I/should I go ahead and dump in the extra salt and get my swg going in 24hrs?
No exactly perfect answer on the first question. You could go ahead and calculate a dose of CYA to get you to 70 but leave a little headroom if you overshoot your dosage. There will be little difference between 70 and 80 CYA.

Bring your salt up and turn on the SWG.....happy swimming!

Reactions: EngineeredPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Swg has been running!! Had FC level of 3 14hrs ago and just tested at 2.5 so it's doing a pretty good job even without the desired cya level!

We are going out of town for four days this weekend, what should I do to prepare? I was going to try to up the cya a little more and add some bleach to get it up a little higher to have the swg maintain higher. pH is a little low but I believe the swg tends to raise it not lower so it's okay to just monitor? Right now pump and swg are running at lowest pump speed 24/7 and swg is at 50%. The panel is still saying low salt (reading 2600) but it does say it takes time to adjust the reading, test says we hit the salt dead on.

Anything special I should do to prep for being out of town?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190611-214237.png
    Screenshot_20190611-214237.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 7
I would up your salt so you SWG is happy. Don't want to take a chance of it not adding FC while you are away. If the SWG panel says it is low then listen to it. It has not idea what the outside test says so...........

I would push the CYA up 10 just to be on the safe side while you are gone.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: EngineeredPool
So per advice from James, changed the settings to t-9 cell to make it last longer. It worked great while we were out of town for the weekend!

The last four days have been rainy and overcast, and it seems I had my swg set too high for that weather so adjusted it down a bit so it's not uping the FC so much.

A little confused as to what is going on with my cya. It was 50 so I added 3.5lbs before we left last weekend. Testing today it was still 50.. I don't think rain would get rid of everything I added. Thought I was going to be all set there.

pH is going up, thinking all the aeration from rain probably didn't help. Will have to lookout for it going too high.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190620-185039.png
    Screenshot_20190620-185039.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.