Enhancing water feel

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
I've been trying to enhance my water. I got the borates up to 50. The PH is in the 7.5-7.6 range. I added salt, and it's up to 1930. My family has said that the water feels great. Is there an ideal salt level for feel? And is there anything else I can do to enhance the water?

I figured being in the NYC area that your water was pretty soft. Keep it below 100ppm and, with all the added sodium and borates, it should keep its gentle feel.

Reactions: Jeff J.
I figured being in the NYC area that your water was pretty soft. Keep it below 100ppm and, with all the added sodium and borates, it should keep its gentle feel.

If you stick with liquid chlorine and muriatic acid then the salt will slowly rise. 1900ppm is more than halfway to an average saltwater pool level so I think it’s fine. I doubt anyone can really feel the difference between 2k and 3k salinity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.