Endless Pool Water Chemistry issues.

Tpriestly

Jan 20, 2020
New England
I can say that I have a salt water pool with a liner. I’m on year two and trying to learn the chemistry.
unfortunately it was opened at super chlorinate and I didn’t know to lower it. I also have a auto cover that I use all the time so it didn’t off gas enough. Early I saw an oily film on the water. Then a thick yellow build up that we now think was hydraulic that was getting pulled by the cover. By the end of the season I had a massive oil/ hydraulic film that was undeniable. I have no idea how I will get it cleaned now or how much. ? the scum bugs weren’t enough. Tons of rust built up on the unit too. Obviously PH is extremely important. I will look into an organic oil vs the hydraulic. I’m frustrated with the guy that opens and closes so I may search someone else. I hate to replace parts already but the filter is a mess and the rust is extreme.

Welcome to TFP.

I am confused about what what you described as history about your pool versus the currents status.

What does your water look like now?

Do you have your own test kit? If not, we recommend you get the TF-100 Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C. If you get the Taylor make sure you get the C version which has more reagents. Also consider getting the Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer which will make testing easier and more accurate.

If you have a SWG then also get the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

Once you have your own test results post them here as:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water Temp

Also, please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment. If it is covered or indoors note that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.