Scollops

Jan 22, 2021
Brisbane
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Good morning and best wishes all. Looking for some guidance. My pool has been crystal clear since being part of TFP, the app helps immensely. But after probably a year i noticed a couple of stains not moving. Eventually vit c proved Iron stains. I noticed a bit around the jets too. So opted to follow the iron removal process. Usual PH, low chlorine levels. Added my treatment, sadly pool shop purchased not many choices. Pool was prettt clean a day later. Happy with that added chlorine back in slowly and clarifier. 2 days later crystal clear pool. Usual backflush, vac and brush. My SWG is running around 4.9 PPM as per TFP chart. 2 Days on pool is orange around the walls, stained jet areas, stained waterline. Vit C iron again. Wasnt expecting that in two days... i added chlorine and wowzer the most greenish pool i have seen. Crystal clear green. In my panic i added the remainder clarifier and its still green. I dont have all my testing kit stock yet either with CCL...xmas etc. I was able test ph only 7.9. TA was 50 which leaves me to head to the pool shop as i am currently blind. Before i do any hints....

Initial with stain...chlorine added and clarifier an hour later.

Attachments

• Imagepipe_3.jpg
    Imagepipe_3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Imagepipe_2.jpg
    Imagepipe_2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
It’s a pretty green though!

I wouldn’t add any more clarifier or other pool store chemicals until you know what’s going on.

Someone with experience will be able to help you get back to blue in no time.

Hey Scallops !! This thread is GREAT for the why’s and how’s. It’s a process and the term ‘treatment’ can mean a lot of things ranging from dumping in clarifier, or going the distance like Guzzy did.

Thanks Guys, I suspect the rains have caused the iron issues of late. It eventually cleared up. But came back a week or so later. Armed with my own testing kit now, i was able to get balanced within a few days and clear. Slight cloudy, but suspect this is just me.adding chlorine gradually to get fully balanced. But looking good so far.

The link seemed to be in alignment so again thanks for the ref.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.