Elevated Spa/Dry Prime

Thanks @JamesW.
The ‘port’ mentioned came to mind from an old thread I remembered reading a while back.
You can simply spray the motor shaft area with silicon lubricant. There is an opening on the bottom side of the motor near the seal plate. Point the nozzel up in there and soak the area. This will lubricate the rubber bushing and stop any friction noise. Not a big deal really...

The pump has been doing this since I can remember, and isn’t getting worse or anything. Just a ‘eeerch’ of increasing pitch on startup, for a moment of time, then vice verse on throttle down-off. Just seems for a new pump (installed mid-2018 before I bought the house) that this is undesirable, but not necessarily a sign of deep concern...yet. Wonder if there’s a fix to be had if more complaints are coming in. My pump motor has a manufacture date of Nov. 2015, but the standard Pentair sticker has the date January 2018. Hmmm.

My pump motor has a manufacture date of Nov. 2015, but the standard Pentair sticker has the date January 2018. Hmmm.
Definitely odd. Maybe it was rebuilt?

Do you have a picture of the motor label?

If the motor label has a barcode sticker with a date, it's probably not the original motor to the pump. A new pump doesn't have a separate barcode sticker on the motor.

You can try a new seal if you want to confirm that it's the seal squealing.

PS-3865R or PS-1905.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.