Electronic question

MooreND23

Apr 7, 2021
Vancouver, WA
hey everyone, I’m looking for some guidance on some of the wiring for our pool if anyone has experience with us. This is our first pool and my neighbor is a licensed electrician but has never done a pool but is very knowledgeable in most areas. He has some questions about some of the wiring for the lighting. Most of our lighting, bubblers, laminators are on back order and should be arriving in the next week or two. We are going with the Intellicenter i8PSIIC40. We have two laminars, 1 bubbler with a light, 4 glo-brites (I know I know), 2 sheer descents. Distance to lights from panel is roughly between 100-150’.
Questions….

1- are there transformers in the Intellicenter panels already on purchase for the lighting or are these purchased and placed separately?

2- what controls the lighting and color choices from a hardware perspective (Intellicenter vs separate controller vs etc)

3-how Do people wire from the panel to the deck/junction boxes for their lighting? Do you run separate conduit and wires for each particular glo-brite, laminar, bubbler, sheer descents or one line for all the Laminars one line for the bubbler one line for all the Globrights. If the latter, does that mean you do not have independent control of every light in the system. I cannot imagine wanting to place every single light at a different color and brightness but I also don’t want to limit myself.

M,

Q1.. No.. All lighting transformers are external units.. You will need one relay (inside the IntelliCenter) and one transformer for each light, or set of lights, that you want to independently control. As an example.. If you want the pool light on but the spa light off, you will need at least two relays and two transformers..

Q2. The IntelliCenter has an internal lighting control system.. So, if you select blue as a color, the IntelliCenter's relays will "pulse" X number of times and the light will see this and turn blue..

Q3. See Q1..

Thanks,

Jim R.

What Jim said plus you're gonna love your Intellicenter. You'll most likely need to upgrade the firmware. You can download it here. Also, once you get it configured you can export it to a usb drive so you won't have to spend time doing it again... just a couple of the advantages you get with the few $ more.

Chris

Thank you both for responding. Random question mostly on styling then I guess, do people generally run transformers for every single independent pool life? Basically do people really ever control each in pool light separately or more commonly do people put Paul The in pool lights as one color, laminate as one color, bubblers as one color, etc?

Just depends on what you want and how much you're willing to spend. My previous pool had them all wired together. One in the spa and two in the pool. I think this is more typical since all our friends in the neighborhood had the same. On some pools lack of automation capacity is a limitation also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.