Electrical help needed

Aug 1, 2016
Newberry, FL
I need to rewire the inside of my Intex pool pump. I need to pull more of the electrical cord into the pool pump so I have more wire to work with. I’m sure there is an easy way to push that electrical cord into the box but I don’t know how to do this. Is there someone that can give me some help? Thank you.

Attachments

• AC07ACE4-56D8-42C4-AB98-2CC63F43197C.jpeg
    AC07ACE4-56D8-42C4-AB98-2CC63F43197C.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 73AA4A04-2C95-4AAD-89E2-739C1F7FECEF.jpeg
    73AA4A04-2C95-4AAD-89E2-739C1F7FECEF.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 29
The cable sheath may have been glued to the grommet to make it water tight. You need to examine it and maybe carefully cut around it with an Xacto knife to lose en the wire.

Assuming you are referring to the cord that goes through the bottom of the box in photo #1, that "grommet" may be a '2 part' strain relief grommet like the product shown here:

If so, use a pair of piers to squeeze the two parts together to reduce the size a bit, then work the grommet back into the box to release it from the box and the wire. (The smaller part of the grommet in the Amazon product photo more or less folds over the cord and nests into the bigger part of the grommet to capture the cord and act as a strain relief.)

Last edited:
Can you get a better picture of the inside and outside of the cord going through the case? On a lot of items, the clamping mechanism is done via a piece that levers over and needs to be pried open with a screwdriver.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.